Transformation commission 2010-12
Jac Scott worked with the science department in Ulverston Victoria High School, Cumbria to transform the bland extensive corridors into an animated new media intersection that reflected the school’s dynamic relationship with the subject. First phase focused on bringing the staff and students together to explore what science was and how it affected our lives.
- a walk through ‘cinema’ showing science films including those made by the students
- the formation of a science film club to sustain interest
- a collection of wall-mounted, giant digital photomontages created from photographs capturing the essence of laboratory experiments printed on aluminium
- a collection of staff and student’s photographs printed onto aluminium and wall mounted
- key scientific words cut from mirrored acrylic and displayed amongst the photographs
Phase two concentrated the enquiry on a new way of depicting scientific formulas through the creation of a visual language.
Commissioned by Creative Partnerships and Ulverston Victoria High School.